Thursday, January 8, 2009

Umm...So...

(who doesn't like a picture of cute little pandas rolling around in the snow?)

so now that we have officially "revived" the blog, i think it's time to do something productive with it.

Wikipedia has this to say about cuteness:

"Cuteness is usually characterized by (though not limited to) some combination of infant-like physical traits, especially small body size with a disproportionately large head, large eyes, a pleasantly fair, though not necessarily small nose, dimples, and round and softer body features. Infantile personality traits, such as playfulness, fragility, helplessness, curiosity, innocence, affectionate behavior and a need to be nurtured are also generally considered cute."

i recently watched the last unicorn with my friends and i just realized how much of a hardon the lady amalthea gave me, even in unicorn form, because she's not only cute, but also sexeh.

(right: shiver me timbers, it's a sexy sexy naked she-unicorn transformed into a pasty sexy cute she-princess)

lord almighty, me and my friends are cuteness geeks! it would be interesting to go on at length about cuteness and its evolutionary aesthetic, but i have so much work to do, so let me just digress and totally turn this entry around.

i was talking with a friend of mine yesterday morning and we were kind of sad for the waning of a friend who had gone into a comatose that she may never return from. and we came to a conclusion after two hours of talking, that it's important never to waste a minute of your life. so let's all stop wasting our consciousnesses.

so without further ado, i shall make a proposal. tell me how well you used your consciousness today, and i might just buy you a drink of your choice, depending on how interesting your answer is. tell me how your consciousness spurred you to do something personally brilliant, like secretly help a colleague compute an equation, or stopped masturbating to elves and anime characters and did it with a real person with stretch marks and varicose veins and all. tell me how real you were today. how you ate spaghetti while choking back your tears, or how a cigarette on the way to work felt like freedom.

make me kwento, pare. make me kwento.

5 comments:

Marguerite said...

fuck, i LOVE the last unicorn!!! i wanted to be a harpie so bad.

fanboy420 said...

i wanted to be the red bull. but then my sinew just doesn't burn like the red bull's does. :(

Peachy said...

Oh wow. The last unicorn. My memory's failed me so badly that I can barely remember anything from the cartoon.

About doing justice to consciousness: well, I'm on my 9th day without a cigarette, and I've never lasted this long without the cancer sticks before. I'm rallying through. ;)

Anonymous said...

i have nothing to say about cuteness, man. but about consciousness... when you wrote this blog entry, january 8, i happened to lose consciousness in a restaurant with co-workers who thought i was having an epileptic seizure. 4 hours later, in the emergency room, i was hooked up to a heart monitor, pricked by needles for all sorts of tests, only to be told that i was simply a fainter. a fainter! i haven't the faintest clue what the universe, or my body, is trying to tell me. but maybe drinks with all you guys would help. :)

fanboy420 said...

drinks are on me, then, o venerable fainter. :)